Sunday, May 31, 2009

A few videos and a great picture from my cousin

My cousin Josh sent me a few clips from the wedding and reception. I'm hoping that it works when I post them here, because he posted it on our family's network (we use Ning, which allows you to create your own personal little network of people by invitation only-- sort of like Facebook, but you don't have random other people asking to be your friend). I'm not sure if the link will allow other people to see things posted on the Connection.

First, the picture. I love this shot from the reception. My cousin Caitilin is making a funny face at my niece Rain in the foreground, and all the youth group kids are dancing behind them. I love that Josh shot it in black and white and the graininess of the photo.



Next, the videos. Josh got a pretty good clip of Dad walking me up the aisle. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of how well I timed that entrance music:


Find more videos like this on The Finn Connection

And from the reception, my uncles dancing to the Cha Cha Slide:


Find more videos like this on The Finn Connection.

The reception was so much fun. It really is a shame that we can't have a party like that every year or even every few years, because even just looking at the pictures, I get overwhelmed with such love for our family and friends, and I was so happy to have them all in one room. It made me think of the third verse of Sarah Grove's song, "Every Minute", where she says "And I wish all the people I love the most could gather in one place, and know each other, love each other well." But it's so impossible to do this. I definitely don't want to have to do all the work and planning and paying for it again.

I guess that is what family reunions are for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MK and Matt, the videos are so nice and they played just fine. It was a wonderful day that everyone enjoyed, you can see it on everyones face in all the pictures and videos. I agree, it's too bad family (whole families) don't come together more. "For where two or more are gathered there is love"

K&A