Thursday, September 17, 2009

1 week to go

So we have one week until closing. I am both excited and frantic with everything that needs to get done! Packing, getting the utilities set up, recruiting help, and prioritizing everything that needs to get done once we're in is a little overwhelming, but I know we'll get it all done. Our place right now is a disaster, with everything pulled out of closets and drawers, and many things to pack, throw away, or donate.

I am very happy that Matt and Mike found a Craig's List listing sq feet of maple hardwood flooring for a bargain price, and it turns out that the guy who's selling works at the same place Mike does. Makes the actual purchase of it pretty easy since Mike can get it from the guy after work today. I didn't think we're be able to even think about buying flooring until next spring, so this was a really nice surprise. I am pretty sure that it will go in the dining room to replace the green carpet, but we won't make any decisions about that until we're actually moved in.

I'm also pleasantly surprised to learn that we might qualify for USAA since Matt's dad was in the military. This means we might be able to get home insurance through them, which is supposed to be less expensive than other options out there. Matt's mom is calling them today to find out.

1 comment:

K's Mama said...

Home owners insurance shouldn't be that bad really. We use Metlife.. I can give you the guys contact info- He is very nice and works out of his home in dover I think. I think we only pay like $600 a year or even less. It comes out of our monthly mortage payments though so we hardly worry about it.