Monday, January 17, 2011

Rosemary

This rosemary plant sat on our front steps all summer long. And through the fall. In fact, it was pretty much December when I brought it inside and took several clippings to make the rosemary salt for our Christmas baskets this year. Every other plant had succombed to frostbite, and I had even stopped watering them at the end of October. Despite all this it survives.
Not just survives, but thrives, sending out all of these tiny delicate branches. Apparently it's warm enough inside that it thinks it's spring, and it's enthusiastically sending out new growth. I think I'll have to repot it soon, but for now I am just leaving it as it is, all swirly and ferny, looking like it has a serious case of bedhead. I want to give it a trim but not until the new branches have a little more firmness to them. In the meantime I took a plant stand from my parents's house and set it by the kitchen window for plenty of southern light.
Also. I accidentally bought mini biscuits the last time I bought frozen biscuits at the store. These babies are tiny, a little bigger than bite size, and so cute. This morning, since neither Matt and I were working, I made breakfast sliders with sausage and eggs.
Aren't they adorable???




No comments: