Monday, March 9, 2009

Will the Weather Please Make Up Its Mind?

I know that I live in New England and our spring are always hesitant. I know that every year spring will peak her head in only to duck around the corner again, either shy or playing hard to get. And on the whole, I really don't mind winter. I'm not a fan of shovelling snow, and I don't like the extra heating bills, but I love the way things look when they're covered with a fresh layer of snow, and I love that feeling you get when you sit down on the couch with a book and a blanket and a coffee and there's a storm raging outside. Still, every year in March I start to get impatient, wanting to pull out my warm weather clothes and sick of blankets and the over-dry air. Yesterday I wore sandals. Saturday Matt wore shorts. Today I'm looking at near white-out conditions as I contemplate what to wear this morning. Another sweater, heavy shoes, gloves and a coat... blech.

Amazing to think that only 2 months from today, it will be spring. Better, it will be our wedding day. That makes me all cozy warm and happy inside. :)

No comments: