Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth!

First things first. We haven't heard anything about the house yet. But it's the holiday weekend, so I'm not entirely surprised. I am just trying to keep myself from either mentally redecorating the house in my head or worrying that we won't get it. We've praying a rosary every night that God's will is done here, and I'd been feeling like God would be answering yes. But then we went to Chuck E Cheese with Therese and Carlos last night and they were talking about how, when Carlos had decided to move the store it seemed like God was telling them yes and that didn't turn out the way they'd planned.

So we had my niece and nephew yesterday. My sister had to work and with my dad still in recovery (he came home from the hospital on Thursday) they needed a babysitter. So since I had the day off for the holiday, Matt and I decided to take them. We went to see Up yesterday afternoon, went to Chuck E Cheese with Therese, Carlos, Gabe and Isaac last night, and made waffles and played video games this morning. I know they like sleeping over occasionally. Heck, when it gives me the excuse to do all these things, I like it when they sleep over.


Today Matt's aunt is in town, so I'll be going to a cookout at his parents' house. I made a delicious pasta salad with asparagus, roasted red peppers, basil, lemon juice, olive oil and cheese to bring, and I've made the base for ice cream, but I haven't decided what flavor to make yet. Shaw's is having a sale on coke 12 packs (5 for $10!) so I figured I would look at their ice creams and get inspired. I might try a chocolate covered pretzel with peanut butter swirl...

The sun's finally out after all this rain, and I am so glad. I'm going to go sit on the porch and read until it's time to go to the party. Hope you are able to get out and enjoy the day too!

No comments: