Friday, April 3, 2009

Aw bummer... back to work

Two days off can do amazingly good things for you. I feel so much more ahead of the game now with the wedding preparations after these past two days, and I was also able to get in a little down time to read and just hang out with Matt.

The big thing yesterday was getting our marriage license. The computers for the state were back up and working again, so we were able to do that in the morning, as well as picking up the wedding dress from the tailor. By the time we got back home, I had developed a full blown migraine, so we took a nap on the couch for an hour or so. That combined with some very spicy chili for lunch helped eases the headache and clear my sinuses. I wrote out the rest of the thank you cards and then once Matt went to work I headed down to Nashua to drop the dress off at the dress shop.

I hit Michael's down there to get the rest of the candles and other things we need for the the centerpieces and favors, and I hit Target for allergy meds. Then to Hallmark to get a card, and I spent way more time than I needed to listening to all the
Hoops and Yoyo cards. If you haven't heard of Hoops and Yoyo, you really should check them out:

When I got back from Nashua, I scanned pictures of Matt as a child from Kim's photo albums. I'll give Art the CD on Sunday, and he is going to make a slide show of us. I would post pictures in this entry, but apparently I left the CD at Kim's so you'll just have to wait to see adorable pictures of Matt in diapers. Sorry! Matt got home around 8, so we had dinner (steak tips and potatoes roasted on the grill... mmmmmmm) and then I finished scanning pictures while he worked on the wedding program. We have a cool idea for the design of it, but the printing of it isn't cooperating with us - publisher keeps adding an extra border to the top and right side, and that leaves everything off center. Really don't want to have to trim each piece, so we'll have to work on that some more over the weekend.

By 10, we were done. Or as done as we were going to be. So we played Left 4 Dead and got almost all the way through to the end of the game, until the final battle where we were ripped apart repeatedly by hunters and smokers. Stupid hunters and smokers. We'll get them this weekend.

No comments: